Website Small Parts, Inc.
The Logistics Manager plans, directs, and coordinates logistics activities concerning products of SPIL while maintaining optimum efficiency and maximizing profit. The Logistics Manager directs daily operations of the Logistics Department, including systems and personnel. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Coordinate, plan and measure for performance the activities of the following areas:
- Receiving – RM, components, UPS, etc.
- Shipping – includes ASN responsibilities, expediting as necessary, conformance to customer’s shipping requirements, etc.
- Clean-line – manage daily production needs and establish priorities
- Manage customer-owned packaging
- Outside services – schedule products, manage performance and manage transactions occurring within the MRP system to track products accurately through various operations
- Material Handling – involves the movement of raw material and product to and from the operations as well as scrap handling/management. Ensure the process and discipline is in place to effectively keep scrap metal separate and properly accounted for
- Plex implementation is a key objective of this position, which involves the set-up, training, managing, problem solving, implementation, and monitoring of the new MRP system
- Analyze and allocate the department operating budget and identify areas in which reductions can be made
- Lead the Corrective Action process as necessary for issues in Logistics
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Partner with management team to develop and administer various logistics plans and procedures aligned with overall business objectives
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Logistics, Shipping, Receiving, Material Handling and Finishing
- Conduct employee performance appraisals and administer disciplinary actions
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree, or 5-8 years related experience preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence. Effectively present information to and respond to questions from groups of customers or employees
- Ability to fluently read, speak, write and understand the English language
- Syteline ERP experience is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and using Windows
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org