Website ABC Metals
Identifies key customer account targets, develops business relations, and professionally promotes, markets and negotiates sales contracts on behalf of ABC Metals for the delivery of strip products and related services to the market place.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages Southeast (and/or Eastern USA) region to ensure major accounts are visited on a regular, timely basis.
- Develops effective and collegial interpersonal relationships with key decision makers inside customer organizations, to facilitate communication and understanding between parties.
- Effectively communicates the value proposition and benefits of ABC products, processes and services with key customers, target accounts and markets.
- Makes routine “cold calls” and follow-up on leads to drive new business opportunities.
- Provides the “Voice of the Customer”, reporting and sharing key customer feedback to appropriate persons and departments of ABC Metals in order to maintain, or secure new business.
- Solicits orders and participates in the negotiation process for customer contracts and agreements, providing key insights to Sr. Management as necessary to drive positive outcomes.
- Monitors and manages customer contracts within payment terms and credit conditions, mitigating risk of non-payment or default from existing and prospective customers.
- Assists with collection and maintenance of customer specifications and other key documents for contract execution, with appropriate dissemination to other departments having the need for such information.
- Assists the Quality Manager with the collection of quality related problem information. Provides the customer service necessary to make sure that replacement material is promptly processed.
- Reports and controls travel and related expenses.
- Maintains a work area having a state of order, cleanliness, and organization that properly supports effective execution of the job duties.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty described above, or as assigned in the future, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are typical of, and representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to execute said duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A person with high self-motivation and a record of self-managed activity, as this person MIGHT be a remote employee and may or may not work from an ABC office or warehouse location.
- Does not have to be a metals expert, but should know the basic differences between grades of steel, copper, brass, bronze, aluminum, and possesses some understanding of metal stamping, forming, and related manufacturing processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal skills having the ability to build relationships with other persons quickly.
- Willingness to travel (air or automobile) at least 2 weeks per month, with the ability to work 50-60 hours per week as required, especially during periods of significant travel.
- Exhibit a servanthood mentality with empathy and sensitivity necessary for training, coaching and receive guidance in new topics, tactics and skills.
- Proficient knowledge in quality standards, internal auditing, and business systems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school with a minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training; or
- Bachelor’s degree with prior experience in customer service, inside sales or other sales-related function; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Multi-language, and native language skills may be beneficial and preferred for sales positions having company activity outside of the USA.
- The Regional Sales Manager has the responsibility to identify and record the needs of our customers, as well as any quality related challenges through organizational channels.
- Salesperson should assist with the verification of implemented solutions to ensure customer satisfaction with the company and product performance.
- Salesperson should alert supervision and halt the processing of any products or services deemed nonconforming until proper disposition is completed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org