Website Small Parts, Inc.
Provide primary interface with Customer Purchasing and Engineering organizations. Focus on the General Stampings Segment. Based in Logansport, IN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Interpret customer RFQ’s, enter the estimating system, review cost estimates, assist in developing the pricing strategy, prepare quotation/customer specific forms, and enter them in customer portals and follow-up to closure.
• Utilize Strategic Selling tools to identify potential customers and develop latent and active opportunities using our sales toolbox. Track the progress utilizing pipeline reports.
• Review customer contracts and participate in the contract review process.
• Serve as a member of the SPI APQP team.
• Host customer visits at SPI operations.
• Participate in problem solving teams in the case of quality issues at customers.
• Performs all duties in accordance with defined procedures within our Business Operating System.
• Responsible for assigned customers from time of production order until order is shipped and completed. Actively represents the “customer perspective” throughout our company.
• Analyzes customer requirements and usage based on history as well as compliance to the contract. Use and share that information to set expectations of demand for planning and pricing during the contract review process with Sales and Marketing.
• Takes proactive measures to manage our inventory level in accordance to our manufacturing system and customer requirements.
• Works to manage customer accounts and demand in a fashion that creates a “win-win” situation for both customer and Small Parts.
• Handles all incoming customer inquiries via telephone, e-mail, mail, and fax, i.e. shipment information and proof of delivery, pricing and delivery of orders, production progress, part obsolescence, and metal inquiries.
• Reviews new customer orders and the maintenance of existing orders through receipt of mail, fax, e-mail, electronic data interchange (EDI), and Internet.
• Coordinates, reviews, and responds to requested documentation as required i.e. supplier survey, capacity questions, and customer website.
• Assist Materials & Logistics for expedited and special courier deliveries of production. Understands logistics and its problems.
• Participates in the Corrective Action Process.
• Participates in continuous improvement activities for betterment of customer and our company
• Assists in the direction and implementation of customer originated packaging and labeling specifications.
• Is considered a “key” player in implementation / introduction of new software packages required for communication with customers via EDI and Internet, i.e. daily transmission of shipping notices, schedule changes, electronic bar code receipts, specialized packing slips which accompany shipments, etc.
• In addition to the normal customer service activities listed above this individual will be responsible for in depth customer analysis, taking the lead for problem solving activities, analyzing current data tracked and making recommendations; other special projects as needed.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Although the individual is required to have the ability to communicate and work effectively with various departments in a team like manner.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical – Collects and researches several data alternatives at once; Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Can present both pure data and risk adjusted information clearly, quickly, and concisely.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; has general knowledge of manufacturing process flow, is aware of inventory control.
• Strategic Thinking – Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or Operations management; 8-10 years’ industry related experience; or equivalent of education and experience.
Ability to fluently read, write, speak, and understand the English language. Ability to speak Spanish in addition to English would be a plus. Ability to read and interpret documents such as blue prints, engineering specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Good English grammar and composition a must.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must also be able to compute rates, ratios, and percentages as well as to draw and interpret various types of graphical data such as bar graphs, line graphs, tables, and time lines. Must be able to manipulate large quantities of information and perform in depth analysis using spreadsheets. Trigonometry and advanced Algebra a plus.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to make recommendations from analysis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office software, especially Excel and PowerPoint; as well as ERP (PLEX) systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com