Website Small Parts, Inc.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Corporate Controller in managing the company finances such as consolidated financial reporting, A/P, A/R, assets, and general ledger. The Staff Accountant will provide management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements. The Staff Accountant will play a key supporting role in the company’s upcoming Plex ERP implementation. This position will support the President and Corporate Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department.
- Assist the Controller in the creation and analysis of monthly financial metrics for management.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and departments and plants.
- Create, maintain, balance, and provide monthly asset reporting, asset-to-budget reporting, maintain asset numbering system and maintain the FAS software database.
- Responsible for monthly A/P and A/R reconciliation and aging reports.
- Prepare and post general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Analyze purchase price variances.
- Assist and support Plex ERP implementation and provide ongoing support once implemented.
- Prepare and provide information for auditors as required.
- Prepare and maintain price down records.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Protect organizations value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 1-3 years’ experience
- Reporting Skills
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with or working knowledge of Plex ERP or other ERP systems a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing setting a plus
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in MS Office, specifically with Excel and Word as well as ERP and/or MRP systems. Specific knowledge of Plex ERP is a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org