Website Small Parts, Inc.
Tool & Die Maker
Small Parts, Inc. is always seeking talented toolmakers with experience!
Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds tools and dies of a difficult nature to specifications provided by the customer quickly and efficiently.
- Reports the need, when recognized, for modifications of tooling and die maintenance procedures and performs modifications when approval for the change is given.
- Works alone or with the help of one or more assistants assigned to Tool & Die A classification.
- Identifies and reports errors discovered in blueprints.
- Performs complex die maintenance and reconstruction on existing jobs.
- Works with production Setup people to assist with sampling the job when completed.
- Assists in the training and development of other employees.
- Maintains die maintenance records.
- Assists Production Setup People with trouble shooting when required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree (A.A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or four to eight years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and write in the English language. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be knowledgeable in machine setup and operating procedures
- Ability to operate production and tool room equipment safely and efficiently
- Must have a thorough understanding of the function and capabilities of the components of multislides, presses, sensor technology, and other production equipment
- Ability to analyze, trouble shoot, and perform all die adjustments within production department
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to use all measuring instruments
- Must have knowledge of SPC and quality assurance methods and procedures
- Must be able to work well and communicate effectively with others
- Ability to perform various problem solving techniques
- Work well with minimal supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and depth perception.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://mpicorp.com/submit-your-resume/ →