Skip to the content
MPI Corp seeks to acquire businesses that meet all or most of the following criteria:
- $0.3 million to $3 million in EBITDA. We target small to lower middle market companies or operation divestitures that would benefit from strong holding company infrastructure and resources.
- Operations primarily within North America with HQ in Midwest. We favor companies whose headquarters are within a 5 hour drive of Indianapolis with operations concentrated, but not necessarily solely, in North America.
- Activities principally in manufacturing, distribution, or asset-intensive services. We prefer companies with meaningful investments in tangible equipment and/or inventory assets in a wide variety of industries. We shy away from individual retail, restaurant or consumer services establishments as well as mining and construction companies.
- Variety of business conditions. We tend to hold our investments, which fosters a long term view, so we are just as interested in companies in mature industries and/or distressed circumstances as we are in fast growth companies.
- A culture compatible with our values. We operate our businesses by our values of integrity, excellence, and service, with the mission of building businesses and enriching lives.
- Preferred industries would include:
- Medical services
- Financial services
- Medical devices
- Food manufacturing
- Durable goods manufacturing (metals, textiles, wood products, rubber, stone, clay, electronics, industrial)
- Printing and publishing
- Distribution and wholesale trade in commodities, durable and non-durable goods
- Oil & gas (excluding exploration)