Website Small Parts
Responsible for overall administration and coordination of the human resources function at SPI Logansport by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with management team to develop, implement, and administer various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel
- Interprets, administers, and provides counsel regarding policies, practices, and procedures
- Conducts recruitment, interviewing, and hiring for all non-exempt employees. Conducts new employee onboarding for all new employees.
- Coaches, counsels, and assists managers in the execution of employee disciplinary actions and manages and tracks all employee disciplinary actions
- Maintains the records of information related to hires, promotions, transfers, performance and merit reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for company and governmental reporting
- Administers the merit and annual performance reviews, and attendance management
- Maintains job descriptions and critical training matrices
- Promotes safety and injury prevention through participation in the Safety and Environmental committee, participates in accident investigations, and corrective actions. Reports, maintains, and monitors all Worker’s Compensation case files, and follows up on open cases. Schedules and conducts safety training for all employees
- Ensures HR policies, procedures, and reports are in compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations
- Thorough understanding of benefits program in order to assist employees with enrollment and answer basic questions regarding benefits, and when to escalate issues
- Conducts exit interviews with employees leaving the organization
- Participates in administrative staff meetings as well as attend other meetings, training, and seminars
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Performs other HR related responsibilities as requested by upper management
This position is responsible for direct supervision of the HR Assistant
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Analytical – Collects and researches data.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person.
Managing People – Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Improves processes, products and services.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions.
Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
Strategic Thinking – Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses.
Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; plus five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com