Website MPI Corp
The IT User Success Specialist based in Logansport will be responsible for first contact / tier 1 end user support, mainly for users in the three MPI Logansport, Indiana facilities The position is structured around the individual being physically present with the end users/equipment when assigned an issue requiring hands-on interaction from the hours of 9:00am EST to 6:00 pm EST Monday through Friday. Additionally, the position will provide remote support to the MPI facilities in Central and Mountain Time zones, where the normal working hours of 1st shifts are running past 4 pm EST.
The IT User Success Specialist will be responsible for initial response and diagnosis of help tickets and requests submitted to the IT team – assisting the user and solving the problem if possible, or otherwise routing the help case onto the proper internal resource if it warrants a specialist of a particular segment of the team.
In addition to providing hands on support to end users, the IT User Success Specialist will assist in executing IT Enterprise hardware projects including changes and/or updates to the corporate network, user equipment, and phone systems as directed. The nature of these projects may occasionally necessitate time outside of normal shift hours as well.
The IT User Success Specialist role will also be on the call list for off hours support of hardware or network emergencies that necessitate an onsite presence. Examples of such a need include power outages, server crashes, damaged equipment, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be point of contact for end users, via help ticket system, phone, instant message, etc.
- Support the hardware of end users – computers, printers, scanners, cables, monitors, etc.
- Support the software of end users – password issues, email config, MS Office usage, ERP system support
- Be physically present at various places in the plants when hands-on assistance is required, either by end users or by the IT team
- Work off a list of assigned/open cases – be responsible for timely completion of cases, and entering data about resolutions provided including communications with IT and users per expectations
- Be available for off hour emergencies – able to get to the plant to assist in power outages, down equipment, etc.
- Focus on expedient resolution and escalation if necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma / equivalency; Associate or Bachelor degree in a computer science/technology field of study is preferred
Ability to follow instructions well and to be able to accomplish tasks in a diligent fashion. Ability to communicate with all employee levels at all Logansport plants.
General knowledge of computers and computer hardware and a general knowledge and familiarity with MS Office products or equivalents, as well as Windows OS.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color and close vision. Capable of getting down on the floor / under desks to inspect and install cables and equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Has a sense of urgency and a customer driven focus
- Enjoys working with others in a team atmosphere
- Enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Is a self-starter with a can do customer-service attitude
- Is well organized and diligent in work habits and communications with the IT Team
- Availability to support the plants during emergencies in off hours
- Reliable transportation / home life schedule that allows the ability to be able to stay all the way through 6:00 pm every day, and past 6:00 on days where there are urgent issues
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com