Performs metallurgical testing and monitors the effectiveness of the Austempering heat treat and deburring process.
The lab serves HTI’s customers seven days weekly, which requires a unique schedule. After the initial training period, the successful individual will work an off shift schedule.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calibrates test equipment daily
- Measures, inspects and prepares samples for metallurgical testing
- Checks parts for hardness
- Verifies accuracy of outgoing customer part orders
- Uses Datalyzer or other statistical software to enter test data
- Enters test results in various computer programs
- Uses lab equipment, computer programs, and manual measuring devices to measure parts
- Maintains cleanliness of lab
- Assist training newer Quality Lab employees
- Enters PO’s and creates orders in the company’s manufacturing software.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as loading the pan-washer, packing, or hand placing
KEY COMPETENCIES, ATTRIBUTES and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Models and performs to MPI Mission and Values
- Understands and models HTI Quality Management System
- Ability to problem solve and carry out instructions
- Accountable and dependable
- Analytical Skills with attention to detail
- Able to understand and lead work instructions (WI), process instructions (PI) and quality manual (QM)
- Must be computer proficient in Word and Excel
- Team-oriented, teachable and self-managed
- Ability to Multitask
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 6 months to 1 year of manufacturing/quality experience is preferred
- Ability to provide clear communication and feedback
- Able to read, write and speak fluent English
- Ability to apply and utilize mathematical concepts such as technical mathematics, fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions and ability to use a calculator to solve practical solutions
- Regular use of hands and fingers; Regularly stoops, kneels and climbs
- Able to lift/move up to 40 pounds; potentially need to move products up to 75 pounds with assistance
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to fumes and airborne particles
- Able to work consistently using hearing protection, around heavy mechanical machinery and often in hot temperatures
WHY CONSIDER A CAREER WITH HTI ?
- Free Onsite health clinic
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Comprehensive training program
- Numerous advancement opportunities
- Safe environment AND culture
- Respectful and caring people
- $5,250 annually in tuition assistance!
To apply for this job please visit mpicorp.com.