Website ABC Metals
The growth of ABC Metals, Inc., a 40+ year old service center specializing in precision slit metal products, has resulted in an opening for a Machine Technician. This full-time position reports to the Plant Manager and will assist the slitting operators in preparing items for shipment.
The essential responsibilities of this position are:
- Load and unload materials from metal slitting machines and prepare product for shipment
- Performs quality checks to maintain quality and reliability of material
- Operation of overhead hoist, banding equipment and forklift truck
- Maintain the work area in a state of order and cleanliness
- Continuously monitors machines to ensure they are running efficiently, effectively, while finished product meets all quality standards
- Assists with preventative maintenance as needed
- Understands all applicable operational documentation and machine interfaces
The key competencies for this position are:
- Understand inventory concepts such as cycle counts, entering data into ERP systems and prepares documentation
- Experience with hand tools such as grinders, drills and saws
- Ability to use measuring tools (tape measure, micrometer, caliper, etc.)
- Ability to learn shipping and receiving concepts such as creating Bill of Ladings and working within/creating spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
- Comprehension of the English language in order to read and follow work orders and instruction
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time as well as, stoop and kneel frequently.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Possess a culture of safety, quality and serving others.
In addition, the qualified candidate should have:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of general computing software (Word, Excel)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be willing to work off shifts and occasional weekends
ABC Metals provides competitive direct pay and benefits for the successful candidate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org