Website ABC Metals
The growth of ABC Metals, Inc., a 40+ year old service center specializing in precision slit metal products, has resulted in an opening for a Machine Technician. This full-time position reports to the Plant Manager and will assist the slitting operators in preparing items for shipment.
The essential responsibilities of this position are:
- Load and unload materials from metal slitting machines and prepare product for shipment
- Performs quality checks to maintain quality and reliability of material
- Operation of overhead hoist, banding equipment and forklift truck
- Maintain the work area in a state of order and cleanliness
- Continuously monitors machines to ensure they are running efficiently, effectively, while finished product meets all quality standards
- Assists with preventative maintenance as needed
- Understands all applicable operational documentation and machine interfaces
The key competencies for this position are:
- Understand inventory concepts such as cycle counts, entering data into ERP systems and prepares documentation
- Experience with hand tools such as grinders, drills and saws
- Ability to use measuring tools (tape measure, micrometer, caliper, etc.)
- Ability to learn shipping and receiving concepts such as creating Bill of Ladings and working within/creating spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
- Comprehension of the English language in order to read and follow work orders and instruction
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time as well as, stoop and kneel frequently.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Possess a culture of safety, quality and serving others.
In addition, the qualified candidate should have:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of general computing software (Word, Excel)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be willing to work off shifts and occasional weekends
ABC Metals provides competitive direct pay and benefits for the successful candidate.
To apply for this job please visit mpicorp.com.