Website Small Parts
Responsible for performing dimensional inspections to documented standards and requirements for acceptability and monitors the effectiveness of the Small Parts measuring system. Assists with the documentation and preparation of reporting for PPAP submissions, annual layouts and other similar duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs and evaluates dimensional inspections for acceptability, including; layouts, capability studies and gage studies using the following equipment:
- VMM (Vision Measuring Machine) – programming and measuring. (Equipment Type: OGP – Avant ZIP with MeasureMind software)
- CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) – programming and measuring. (Equipment Type: Global with PC- DMIS software)
- Keyence – capable of programming and measuring.
- Comparator – capable of programming and measuring.
- Ability to use micrometers, calipers, digital indicators and other gages as needed to complete measurements
- Utilization of “Minitab” statistical software and other software for data collection and reporting
- Conduct work in a manner that supports the SPI Quality Management System (QMS) and IATF standard.
- Write procedures and instructions as needed to document desired practices.
- Assists with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process
- Assists in auditing the Quality System to documented requirements
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- HS Diploma or equivalent; 3 years’ quality lab experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to read, write and speak fluent English
- Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to accurately complete basic mathematics functions
- Ability to measure parts with calipers, micrometers or other inspection equipment listed above
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Understands and can interpret Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to solve problems
- Alignment with MPI Mission and Values
- Understands and performs to meet the Small Parts Quality Management System (QMS) requirements.
- Must have good communication, problem solving, analytical skills and accuracy
- Accountable, dependable and ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Team player who has the ability to work well with others and mentor fellow employees
- Able to use and navigate using a PC (i.e. MS Office, Minitab and Plex ERP system, etc.)
- Must have good understanding and application of SPC and the ability to use SPC software(s)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org