Now accepting applications for Summer 2023 Interns! You will have an opportunity to work with an experienced group of professionals that will not only provide you with challenging work but will mentor and encourage you to learn and grow. Summer intern experiences will include development of designs for single and progressive stage stamping dies and more!
Small Parts Incorporated is a leader in precision metal stamping with more than 6 decades of experience in manufacturing, design, and tool fabrication. With four manufacturing sites across North America, we serve a variety of customers in automotive, electrical, and industrial applications — names ranging from Schneider Electric, Eaton, and TE, to Ford, General Motors, and Stellantis.
Summary of Duties:
• Ability to assist in the development of creative design solutions through advanced CAD and mechanical design skills.
• Assist in the creation of designs, prepare detail drawings and specifications for tooling, dies, fixtures, gauges, for shaping, cutting and inspection of metals.
• Assist in the observation of setups and tryout of newly developed die set in production machine to determine need for modification and evaluate readiness for production.
• Desired characteristics: strong mechanical aptitude, analytical, logical, creative thinker, learner, problem solver, detail oriented, works well in teams.
• Metal forming experience a plus.
• Currently Pursuing a Design Engineering or related Engineering discipline degree.
• Completion of Sophomore year or higher at a accredited university by the summer of 2023.
• Able to work 40 hours per week during the summer months.