We are looking to hire a talented individual in a Quality engineering role who wants to grow, develop and be part of a winning team. This role coordinates and executes quality functions to ensure that customers receive products that meet or exceed expectations. The Quality Engineer position is an entry point for future leaders in our organization. It’s an excellent role to learn our products and customers. If you’re passionate and ready to learn, Small Parts Inc. is a great place to grow your career.
Small Parts Incorporated is a leader in precision metal stamping with more than 6 decades of experience in manufacturing, design, and tool fabrication. With four manufacturing sites across North America, we serve a variety of customers in automotive, electrical, and industrial applications — names ranging from Schneider Electric, Eaton, and TE, to Ford, General Motors, and Stellantis.
Operational/ Departmental Responsibilities
- Put in place methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Promote and execute standards, plans, and inspection methods to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits, and define and document proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to resolve issues with suspect or nonconforming products
- Analyze failures to determine corrective and preventive actions
- Develop PPAP’s and conduct failure analysis, as required.
- Collaborate with customers and suppliers to resolve quality issues
- Visit customer sites to assist in resolving quality concerns and/or questions.
- Improve product quality by making recommendations for change
- Apply quality tools and techniques to identify, document, and fix current and potential problems.
- Lead problem solving workshops.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products especially Excel
- Proficient in the application and use of SPC and statistical analysis.
- Ability to facilitate group discussions
- Desire to utilize and learn problem solving tools and techniques such as 5-Why, Control Charts, FMEA, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical-related degree; or 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer literacy in basic programs required (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Understanding use and application of SPC and statistics
- Desire to grow and learn
- Knowledge of quality standards of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 and their requirements
- Knowledge and experience in internal auditing and quality systems
- Experience with Plex
- Automotive Experience
- Stamping/Metals distribution/heat treating Experience
- Lean Six Sigma training (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish