Performs all product dimensional layouts (including gage calibration and part testing) and monitors the effectiveness of the Small Parts measuring system. Assists with the documentation and preparation of reporting for PPAP submissions, annual layouts and other similar duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Performs dimensional layouts, capability studies and gage studies using the following equipment:
- VMM – capable of programming and measuring width, distance, angles, serration depth, flatness, diameter, radius, concentricity, etc.
- CMM – capable of programming and measuring width, distance, angles, serration depth, flatness, diameter, radius, concentricity, etc.
- Keyence – capable of programming and measuring width, distance, angles, serration depth, flatness, diameter, radius, concentricity, etc.
- Comparator – capable of programming and measuring width, distance, angles, serration depth, flatness, diameter, radius, concentricity, etc.
- Able to utilize other micrometers and gages as needed to complete measurements
- Utilization of “Minitab”, Datalyzer, Excel, Word and other software as needed for data collection and reporting
- Conduct work in a manner that supports IATF standard. Write procedures as needed to comply with standard and audit for effectiveness.
- Assists with APQP
- Supports Production in process inspection utilizing the lab equipment.
KEY COMPETENCIES and ATTRIBUTES: (to perform the job successfully, the individual must demonstrate the following key competencies and attributes):
- Alignment with MPI Mission and Values
- Understands and performs to the Small Parts Quality Management System
- Must have analytical skills
- Ability and desire to perform accurate work
- Accountable and dependable
- Able to understand work and process instructions
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well with others
- Problem solving skills
- Must be able to use a PC with MS Office and navigate the Plex ERP system
- Must have good understanding of SPC and the ability to use SPC software
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 1 to 3 years’ quality lab experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability and desire to problem solve and carry out instructions
- Able to read, write and speak fluent English
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Understands GD&T
- Ability to accurately complete basic mathematics functions
- Ability to measure parts with calipers, micrometers, or various job specific gages
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.40 – $22.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person